Friday, October 8, 2010

Fast forward

I hope I get better at this when turklet arrives (since the whole point is to keep friends and family updated!!). Anyhow, we're now at 34 weeks - 6 more to go before we see the babe!!!!! My version at nesting at this point has become sewing with the awesome sewing machine the hubby bought me. I'm (finally) putting together a little quilt I started two years ago, sewing fitted sheets for the moses basket and just got patterns for sleep sacks and onesies.

The belly is growing though it's still pretty tiny. Here's a picture of us from this past weekend at our friends' Eddie and Sepi's wedding - it's true that black really is very slimming :)

We've gone to our first birthing class and have been meeting regularly with our midwives and doula. Things are getting VERY real at this point - the turklet moves all the time and loves to hang out under my ribs. I've entered my impatient phase - I love being pregnant - it's an incredible experience - but I'm ready to meet our baby! This kid is making its presence known and seems pretty ready to meet us too (it's been head down for 6 weeks now).

Yesterday I finally washed the basket of baby clothes, blankets and other washable paraphenalia. I can't remember ever enjoying doing laundry so much. Folding those little shirts and socks only heightened my excitement. It's been a long road and, I've realized, well worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous picture of the two of you! It captures so much! You look so happy! Also, I think your hubby should be Clark Kent for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete