Thursday, October 21, 2010

You're due when?!?!

My entire pregnancy, I've had people surprised at how "little" I am. It annoyed me for a long time; we worked hard for this baby and I wanted to show it off to the world. Now, at 36 weeks, I'm in a different place. I'm still pretty small (here's a shot I took today - 36 weeks on the nose):

 Believe it or not, there's a good sized baby in there. It wiggles all the time. Though I'm not busting out, I'm finding that there are advantages to being a compact pregnant woman:

1. I can still find shirts that cover me up without looking as though I'm wearing a shirt three sizes too big.

2. Though turning over in bed is sometimes a chore, it's nothing like what I imagine a larger woman would experience.

3. I can still, relatively speaking, hug Stephen and not feel as though I'm giving him the old "side hug" or "shoulder hug".

4. When I cook, I don't have to worry about lighting my belly on fire.

5. When I turn suddenly, I don't tend to know over everything in my path (candles, lamps, small woodland creatures, etc.).

6. I can still get in and out of the car with (relative) ease.

7. As we discovered on our babymoon in Montreal (I'll post a description and pictures soon), I can still jog a little - and get there pretty much from a standing start.

I'm sure I'm missing a few but in the end it's not bad being tall - I'm glad I could provide such roomy accommodations for turklet - though we're going to have to talk about how much time has been spent up under my ribs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment