Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Annika's first sitter

So, I've been teaching in Burlington Tuesdays and Thursdays. For a week and a half, Stephen and Annika came to the office with me, waiting for me while I taught. That was not going to work for anyone for the entire semester so we had to look for a babysitter to stay in the house with Annika while Stephen worked in the other room - more a "father's helper" than a babysitter. We interviewed a few Middlebury students and found one with whom we both felt comfortable. Today was the first day with her.

I, of course, was the nervous mom (though I'm sure much less because I knew Stephen would be in the other room). In the end, there was no reason to be nervous. Though A. had mini-meltdowns a couple times, she was sleeping soundly on CJ's (our father's helper) shoulder when I came home. We clearly chose the right girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment