Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blue moon!

During an acupressure session with my doula yesterday, she mentioned that tonight would be a blue moon. I knew that it was going to be a full moon (and hoping for evidence of the anecdotes of its impact on labor) but didn't know about the blue moon status. She sent me this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20101119/sc_space/thereallystrangestorybehindsundaysbluemoon. If only amusing, it adds some punch to the mystical power of the day (and night) in our continuing hopes that Turklet is not, indeed, waiting to be born on Thanksgiving.

Also in our conversations, I mentioned to her that my Braxton Hicks contractions had gotten more noticeable. Her response was, "Well, that's an excellent sign - that could very well be your experience of early labor." I thought to myself, "Hmm, really? Labor without pain? Wouldn't that be a treat, even if it is only a small portion of the work to meet the babe." Anyhow, we'll see how that pans out - if the more intense tightening in my belly does indeed lead to more productive work in my body. As has been made clear, time will tell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment