Sunday, November 28, 2010

Still here, still pregnant

Okay, 10 days overdue now. And truly, I'm 10 days overdue. I've had several people say, "Overdue is relative. You can't know exactly when you're due." With us, that's not exactly true. We know to the day how old this baby is. We could probably find out to the minute what time it was conceived if we called the lab! I think that, in part, plays into the frustration we feel when we're told to be patient, the baby will decide when to come. It's not as though we're playing with any uncertainty here.

In any case, we're still pregnant. And, yes, I've tried everything. I walk everyday. I meditate. I stretch. My doula or Stephen does acupressure on my every day. I've done acupuncture a few times. I've had my membranes stripped. I've even tried castor oil and herbs (according to a regiment given to me by my midwives). Spicy food, well, is not much of an option since I eat it all the time. And relaxing, I'm doing my best but there are times when I just have to let myself feel the way I'm feeling!

Thanks to you who have offered words of support and love. I'll keep you posted and hopefully have good news of arrival VERY soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're being such a diligent mother! Nora was 10 days overdue, with a similar sense of her conception date/time/location ;-)
    Keep up the good work, and we'll keep on being on your "birth team" from here.

    ReplyDelete